Friday, November 26, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving - 2010

What a magical day yesterday!  We had all the family over to the house for food, laughter and love, along with some parade, football and Nintendo.  After all, what would Thanksgiving be without Nintendo?  Our family is growing - with William, Kayley and Celia Renee joining us this year we number 15.  I look forward to the day when we top 50 with grandchildren running all over the place.


 It is nice to all fit into the dinning room.  Won't it be wonderful when I have to schedule the church?  It is really nice that we could steal the married children from the in-laws and have everyone together.  I don't know what we will do next year.  Forrest will be on a mission and the older children will probable scatter.  Maybe we will go back to Zion Canyon like last year.


 Good thing they have a beautiful mother.  Heaven forbid if they had to look anything like me.


 Thomas and Celia - We are looking forward to April 30th


" I think she needs her grandma" was heard several times yesterday.  It really doesn't matter who has little Kayley Irene, when grandma wants her grandma gets her.


 I think William James enjoyed his first Thanksgiving.  The thing I love about Will is that when he smiles - he smiles with every fiber of his whole body.  Thanks Tammy for a wonderful grandson.  Oh ya, you too Reese!


 What's This?  Me holding one of my grandchildren????  It is amazing what you can do while everyone else is comatose on the couch with tummies  full of turkey and stuffing.  You see, there is a method to my madness.  Cook good food, feed them more than they can eat, sit them on a soft couch and then jump in and steal the babies.  Watch out Kayley, you're next!


What's next?  Well here is a clue - "The stockings were hung by the chimney with care...."  Faith has spent hours adding the additional stockings needed this year for the upcoming holiday.  We have enough hooks for 22 stockings so we have 7 open spots.  My Christmas wish for my children - "Fill those hooks!"  But all in due time.

I have the most incredible family in the entire world.  Yesterday was a wonderful day that had me teary-eyed all morning.  I am blessed in abundance with gifts from on high.  I feel the love of my Heavenly Father and see His hand in all things.  My blessings are without number.  As we now enter full swing into celebrating the birth of our Savior, I pause at this time of thanksgiving to remember the greatest blessing of all - our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  May we all remember Him each and every day in all things and in all that we do.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for everything yesterday! We had a good time. The food was great and the company even better! D woke up this morning and wanted to go and "see Grandpa and Grandma Cooper." :)

    ReplyDelete